Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can you put nail polish on baby chicks?

i got 8 baby chicks today, and we cant tell them apart for my project so could i put nail polish on them or would that hurt them somehow?Can you put nail polish on baby chicks?
Are you serious? Of course it would hurt them! Nail polish has very very harsh chemicals, not to mention all the fumes that nail polish produces when it's wet! Find some other way of telling them apart, like tie a little peice of string around their legs but make sure it's not tight or too loose that they could get tangled.Can you put nail polish on baby chicks?
I wouldn't recommend nailpolish for 2 reasons: one, because it will come off in a few days; two, because the others will try to attack the one. I learned from experiance, the first time I showed my chickens my fingers (that had nail polish on them) they started to bite them(and it really hurts). I would recommend something like a colored string. I thought i would need something like that too, but now i can tell who is who just by looking at them!
I bought 2 chicks for a project before. one died because the other one killed it so be careful. I prefer not to because they inhale it which is really bad. Try to describe them in a piece of paper, or take pics of them to tell them apart.
I am going to guess no but then again I don't really know much about baby chicks...





If you are worried, you could try and tie little colored pieces of strings around their feet/ankles?
my friend did that nothing happened so i should be ok but maybe you should google it
Put a little tag or collar around their necks instead.
don't do it
nooo thats deadly!

No comments:

Post a Comment